"SMA is looking forward to playing a prominent role this year," said Jurgen Krehnke, president and general manager of SMA America and president of SMA Canada. "Our customers and colleagues will gain valuable insight into our new design and inverter solutions as well as gain access to a number of networking and educational opportunities available on site."
Highlights of the display will be some of SMA's newest products, including:
- SMA's Medium-Voltage Power Platform: This utility-scale solution includes two Sunny Central inverters, a medium-voltage transformer, optional DC or AC/DC disconnect cabinets and a control and supply panel for power distribution to local loads and (optionally) field tracker motors.
- Sunny Boy 200/240-US: Attendees will be able to preview the new Sunny Boy 200 and 240 micro inverters and the Sunny Multigate. SMA's micro inverters will be ideal for residential projects and systems with multiple orientations or shading.
- Off-Grid Configurator and Smartformer for Sunny Island Systems: The Off-Grid Configurator is a customizable solution that helps solar professionals design the ideal off-grid photovoltaic (PV) system. The Smartformer helps facilitate easy application for off-grid or grid-tied battery backup single Sunny Island systems.
- Sunny Island 6048-US: The newest Sunny Island offers durability, innovative intelligent battery management, maximum efficiency, parallel connection and modular expansion with a 20 percent increase in power output.
- Sunny Boy 6000-11000 TL-US: These transformerless inverters offer lighter weight, higher efficiency and now operate on 240 V, offering installers a reliable choice for transformerless inverters.
SMA is a longtime supporter of Intersolar, and will also sponsor two events during the conference and participate in a panel discussion.
The SMA Group generated sales of euro 1.7 billion in 2011 and is the global market leader for solar inverters, a key component of all PV plants. It is headquartered in Niestetal, near Kassel, Germany, and is represented in 20 countries on four continents. The Group employs more than 5,500 people worldwide, plus a number of temporary employees that varies on a seasonal basis. SMA's broad product portfolio includes a compatible inverter for every type of module on the market and for all PV plant sizes. The product range includes inverters both for grid-connected PV plants and for off-grid systems. SMA can therefore provide an ideal inverter solution for all plant sizes and types. Since 2008, the Group's parent company, SMA Solar Technology AG, has been listed on the Prime Standard of the Frankfurt Stock Exchange (S92) and also in the TecDAX index. In recent years, SMA has received numerous awards for excellence as an employer and in 2011 and 2012 achieved first place in Germany's nationwide Great Place to Work® competition. www.SMA-America.com / www.SMA-Canada.ca